Are you interested in a career within the building services Industry?
We have served our clients in the DC Metro area for over 30 years and plan for that to continue with our longstanding customer relationships! At Kevco we say we are in the business of first impressions, and we are there to help our customers achieve that no matter what size their property is.
Our purpose as an organization is to provide excellence in exterior maintenance by building relationships with every customer with honesty, integrity, and leading industry knowledge.
Question & Answer
What type of benefits do you offer?
- Medical, Dental and vision insurance opportunities
- 401 K with 3% Company Match
- Paid time off
- Team Building & Company Events
- Weekend work opportunities
- Performance and year-end bonuses
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
What are Kevco’s main services?
Our main functions are window cleaning, pressure washing and garage cleaning services. Within each of these business lines we have grown our services offerings to help customers in many more ways!
I have never cleaned windows or pressure washed before is that okay?
Yes, we have an in-house team that is here to support you and train you on the ins and outs of our industry.
How long does the training process take to become a high-rise window cleaner?
Within the first two weeks, you will go through the OSHA 19.10 training certification and learn the basics of window cleaning techniques. Once the window cleaning basics are mastered, you will learn about each piece of equipment used for high-rise window cleaning and all the safety standards associated with them. You will practice tying off to anchors and putting on equipment before ever going off the building. Once the safety standards are understood and met, you will practice on rooftops and eventually will practice a drop from the roof of the building to the ground. After practicing making a drop, you will tie together both making drops with the window cleaning techniques learned to wash the windows. This entire process can take anywhere from 1-3 months depending on the person.
What does a typical day look like?
Typically, our window cleaners meet early around 6:30-7 AM and arrive on site around 7:30 AM dependent on-site requirements. Some jobs may start earlier, some may start later. Work is usually finished up for the day by 2 PM.What are the beginning requirements to learn high-rise window cleaning?
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
- Must have valid Driver’s License or ID
- Must be willing and able to withstand heights (ladder work, lift work, RDS, etc.)
- Must be responsible and always dedicated to safety.
- Ability to work with other crew members and take direction from Supervisors and Managers
- A CAN-DO ATTITUDE!
What makes Kevco a great place to work?
- Our window cleaners find that they have more time with their families in the afternoons, or to participate in other activities they enjoy since work starts earlier and finishes earlier than a typical 9-5.
- It is a great opportunity for those currently in college or taking classes in the evenings who are looking to build their income while they continue their studies.
- There are potential opportunities for advancement into supervisor or management roles.
- Kevco cares about their employees and is working to ensure that we continue to make Kevco the safest environment to work in and that we provide top notch employee benefits and pay as well!