KEVCO can address your building’s roof anchor needs from design and fabrication to installation, inspection, testing, and certification. Each building—each roof—is unique; KEVCO wants to be your building’s partner in rooftop safety and compliance according to all OSHA and ANSI regulations.
When having exterior work performed on your building, first ask yourself these questions:
- Does my building have a roof anchor system?
- If my building has roof anchors, are they compliant with current OSHA/ANSI regulations?
- Do I need to install roof anchors?
Not sure if your building is in compliance? Does your roof have certified roof anchors? Do you need to install or address roof anchors for your DC metro area or Maryland business? KEVCO Building Services can help.
Contact us now or reach out to us at (301) 258-9750.
What Are Roof Anchors and Why Are They Important?
Roof anchors play a critical role in the safety of exterior service and cleaning teams. These attachments typically reside under the umbrella term of “fall protection” and are used to connect lanyards and lifelines to a secure point along the top or sides of moderate and large commercial structures. Despite the important role that roof anchors play, many buildings don’t feature them in their initial design, making addressing a roof anchor design and installation service important.
Proper roof anchors can benefit your business by:
- Optimizing the safety of any crew working on the exterior of your building. We make the safety and security of all our team members an absolute top priority. We want to ensure that they have an effective and safe place to work at all times.
- Providing safe means of exterior services: cleaning, renovation, reconstruction, or any additional exterior services.
- Fulfilling ANSI/I-14 Window Cleaning Safety standards and all OSHA requirements.
- Offering increased mobility and security that certified roof anchor systems provide. KEVCO and other exterior service teams can work and provide services at peak efficiency and safety.
Roof Anchor Installation Services
Roof anchors need to be addressed as they are the key component to ensuring safety and compliance with the I-14 Window Cleaning Safety standard and all ANSI/OSHA requirements for services to be performed on any building. Roof anchors may consist of:
- Davits and sockets
- Windscreen posts
Adequate roof anchors do not exist on a large percentage of buildings. KEVCO, in conjunction with the following roof anchor installation and engineering firms, can facilitate the installation of anchors on your building for your building’s safety and compliance with all of the latest regulations and standards:
Vannoy & Associates, LLC – Ryan Smith PE
Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) – Alexis Herr
Summit Anchors – Gus Strats
Peak Fall Protection – Alan Kates
Roof Anchor Design & Installation in Washington, DC, Maryland & Northern Virginia
Roof anchors play a critical role in professional window cleaning and exterior specialty services. As leaders in fall protection and safety equipment in the United States, the aforementioned firms with whom KEVCO has partnered will ensure that your building’s custom-designed safety solutions will place safety and functionality as priority #1 for those working in and on your building for years to come.
Contact KEVCO today to learn more about roof anchor installation, certification, and inspection.