KEVCO Building Services was established in 1988 by Kenny Cohn, a Silver Spring native who, from a young age, developed a fascination with the jobs performed by the maintenance engineer in his apartment building. As an impressionable youth, Kenny shadowed him in his daily work and then began doing odd jobs himself for the residents, one of those being window cleaning. The residents started to compensate him for cleaning their windows. From there, the rest was history! Word spread and requests for his window cleaning services began multiplying. He paid his college tuition at University of Maryland (currently an active client) while washing windows on weekends and from there, KEVCO was born! KEVCO’s business evolved from Residential Window Cleaning into to a company with a vast scope of Commercial and Residential services including, window cleaning, pressure washing and garage cleaning – rapidly becoming the Largest Exterior Maintenance contractor in the metropolitan area and the absolute first outside contractor to clean the windows at the United States Capitol and ALL of the House and Senate Buildings.
- To provide excellence in exterior maintenance by building relationships with each and every customer with honesty, integrity and knowledge of our industry
KEVCO’s Core Values:
- Treat others the way we would want to be treated
- To make our industry education constant & ongoing; always striving to improve
- To place job safety first & foremost for ALL employees
- To maintain a good work ethic & sense of pride in our work
List Of Accomplishments:
- Was a charter member of the International Window Cleaners Association (IWCA)
- Served as President of the IWCA .
- Featured In The Washington Post for service
- KEVCO been given the distinction of being a Premier Contractor & Blue Ribbon Winner By EBSCO Research- The National Leader in Consumer Research
- KEVCO Has been given a top Rating by Washington Consumer Checkbook Magazine
- Kenny has been published in many trade association and Property Management Journals
- Is active in IREM, AOBA, the 2 largest Real estate Property Management Associations.
- First cleaning contractor in the metro area to incorporate a water recycling system to their green cleaning/sustainability efforts for exterior cleaning
KEVCO in the Community:
KEVCO is a proud supporter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid Atlantic region and Autism Speaks. For more information on how you can help, click here.