Who Is KEVCO?
KEVCO Building Services was established and incorporated in 1988 by Kenny Cohn, a local resident. While growing up in Silver Spring, Kenny was enamored by the building maintenance man at the building he lived in. He was forever shadowing him and then started to do odd jobs for the residents of the building – one of the jobs was washing their windows. The residents of the building started to pay him handsomely. Then the request for his services grew and grew. And the rest was history! He was later accepted into University of Maryland and while living on fraternity row, Kenny would wash windows on weekends and earned enough money to pay his way through school – Then KEVCO was born! Being a newlywed, from the dining room table in his apartment, he would design cards and flyers and would go door to door and grew a business from washing Residential windows in apartments to a vast scope of exterior maintenance services to include Commercial Window Cleaning to Commercial and Residential Window Cleaning, Pressure Washing, and becoming the largest Exterior Cleaning contractor in the metro area – even the first outside contractor to wash the windows in the most notable building in the Country, The United States Capital AND all of the House and Senate Buildings.
Our Mission: To provide excellence In Exterior Maintenance By Building Relationships with each and every customer with honesty, integrity, and knowledge of our industry
Core Values: Treat others the way we would want to be treated; to make our industry education constant & ongoing; always striving to improve; to place job safety first & foremost, and for ALL employees to maintain a good work ethic & sense of pride in our work
List of Accomplishments –
- Was a charter member of the International Window Cleaners Association (IWCA)
- Served as President of the IWCA .
- Featured In The Washington Post
- KEVCO been given the distinction of being a Premiere Contractor & Blue Ribbon Winner By EBSCO Research- The National Leader in Consumer Research
- KEVCO Has been given a top Rating by Washington Consumer Checkbook Magazine
- Kenny has been publish in many trade association and Property Management Journals
- Is active in IREM, AOBA, the 2 largest Real estate Property Management Associations.
- First cleaning contractor in the metro area to incorporate a water recycling system to their green cleaning/sustainability efforts for exterior cleaning