Cleaning Services Get Buildings Ready For Re-Opening
No one saw this coming – who knew that after we all celebrated the New Year, the beginning of 2020, we would be sheltering in place a few months later. We are quarantined in our homes to “reduce the spread” of Covid – 19. Businesses all over the world have had to learn how to “pivot” their services and products to create opportunities for themselves in order to survive.
What Cleaning Companies Can Do to Help Businesses Re-Open
But what is abundantly clear is that our current situation will not last forever. Businesses will begin to reopen, but safety is the biggest concern, meaning cleaning companies have to be prepared to worker harder than ever to sanitize. Cleaning companies will help buildings and offices get back on track and prep for the physical return of tenants and employees. The process is very calculated for cleaning companies—let’s examine some of the services provided that will hopefully, over time, make it easier and safer for people to get back to business.
Building owners and managers need to re-open in a way that ensures tenant & visitor safety. One simple solution is good soap! Soap will help Property Managers and building owners open their buildings in a responsible and safe manner. Here is the 411 on soap and the Covid-19 Virus:
- Viruses, including Covid-19 contain lipids, the Achilles heel of ANY virus
- Soap dissolves and deactivates lipids
- Most commercial soaps provide industrial strength disinfecting components that help combat viruses.
How to Begin Cleaning for COVID-19
The best idea, from cleaning companies polled from all over the country, has stated “Start from the outside and work your way in”. The following are the best areas to begin cleaning:
- Exterior windows: Windows are a magnet for dirt and airborne viruses. Clean with a combination of disinfecting solutions and soaps.
- Parking Garages and Parking Lots: With clients and tenants driving into garages and parking lots, scrubbing and sweeping these areas with the combination of disinfectants and soaps will assist in keeping dirt and virus molecules at bay.
- Pressure cleaning sidewalks, building facades, and outdoor areas: This will rid any exterior surfaces of dirt and virus molecules (that can be living anywhere) with soaps and disinfectants. It is critical, especially near entranceways, sidewalks leading up and into buildings.
Everything has changed, but that doesn’t mean that we will need to stay home forever. Cleaning businesses are working tirelessly to make sure their methods are going to keep people safe from COVID-19, the best that they can. Businesses will do what’s best for their employees and customers by bringing in the right cleaning companies for the job.
If you’re in the MD, VA, DC area, contact KEVCO to thoroughly clean your building to be ready for your customers and employees today.